The Contact Center and BPO industry is amongst the fastest growing segments within
the Dominican Republic and one of the largest and most developed in Latin America.
Situated only two hours from Miami, the DR has quickly become a Nearshore destination.
The Dominican Republic offers:
● Advanced and reliable telecommunication infrastructure
● Competitive costs for doing business
● Stable Economic and Political Environment
● Special Free Zone Incentives
● Multilingual experienced and qualified labor force
● Service Oriented Culture
● Modern transportation infrastructure
● Quality Standard of Living
The Dominican Republic
● Developing Country
● Growth in Multiple Industries
DR Contact Center Industry Facts:
● The contact center & BPO industry is one of the fastest growing sector in the
Dominican Republic, considering that in 2006 it had almost 37 companies with 3,800 seats and 4,543 agents.
● In 2016, is registered a total of 67 companies in the free zone regime, generating
18,000 direct jobs, not counting the non-free zone companies.
● 44% of the companies are US based.
● Near-shore advantages.
● Relatively highly skilled human resources.
● Fairly competitive service cost.